Genioplasty – A Guide to Maxillofacial Surgery in Vadodara, India
Genioplasty is a surgical procedure where the chin is augmented with a surgical implant. It alters the structure of the face and gives it a better balance and appearance. At Esthetica Vadodara, The expert can change the underlying structure of the chin to provide the beginning with a more balanced look. The results of this surgery are noticeable after the operation. It is an excellent choice for people who want to improve their facial proportions. It is an effective way to regain your youthful appearance and enhance your confidence.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get a 20% discount on your next appointment
- Get notified dental news
- Up to date with the latest info
- Get access to exclusive offers
The Beauty and Benefits of Genioplasty
There are many benefits of a sliding genioplasty.
- The procedure can also help you achieve a more balanced lower face shape.
- The process is effective for people with a lot of facial features.
- A surgeon will create a new chin for you.
- The procedure will raise the chin.
- It is effective for correcting a chin with a screw.
- It will also make your face look more balanced.
- Your chin will be more symmetrical.
- A sliding genioplasty will increase the size of your chin.
- It will increase your self-esteem and confidence.
- Asymmetry will also improve your overall appearance.
- In addition to reducing the chignon’s height,
- Slidable Genioplasty will add length to the face.
Types of Genioplasty
There are mainly two types of Genioplasty
- Sliding Genioplasty
- Chin implants
The surgery is a common procedure for correcting receding chins. This procedure requires a surgeon to make an incision in the chin. The surgeon will place an implant and bone grafts into the chin area. This type of surgery is also known as sliding Genioplasty. The sliding Genioplasty uses titanium screws to increase the chin. A genioplasty is not a surgery for the chin.
Chin implants can be used to reshape, enlarge, or push forward the appearance of the chin. The surgeon can accomplish this via surgery or injection.
Surgical chin augmentation involves implanting a plastic material into the chin and adhering it to the bone. Alloplastic implants (those made from synthetic materials) are the most common.
Nonsurgical chin augmentation involves using needles to inject fillers, such as body fat, to enhance the appearance of the chin.
Procedure of Genioplasty
Unlike other cosmetic procedures, Genioplasty does not leave any visible scars. The surgical procedure will leave no fault on your face. It is typically performed under general anesthesia. Although the process may be a bit complicated, it is easy to recover from. You will be able to return to normal activities soon after. In the same way, the swelling of the face will subside within a few days. If you have a severe case, you will not have to wait any longer.
Unlike other plastic surgeries, Genioplasty can be performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon will use a saw to cut a line in the chin. The resulting incisions are symmetric and even and will leave you with a better overall look. The recovery period is similar to that of a chin implant. The average recovery time is about a week after a genioplasty. Besides, the patient must take pain medication to reduce any risks of infection.