Permanent dentures with ‘all on 4’ implants
All on four implants – as the name suggests, all the teeth of a jaw is supported by four implants. All on 4 is the system used when there is less bone available in the backside of either jaw.
Less bone or Atrophic mandible is a condition in which due to bone loss, the backside of jaws does not have adequate bone to place implants. In such cases, bone grafting is the option, but with All on four implant systems, without graft and waiting period of 6 months, immediate implants can be placed, and fix teeth can be given within 5 to 7 days.
Procedure to place All on Four Implant
In the “All on Four” Method, two implants come in the center of the jaw and straight position, whereas the other two implants are tilted at sides of jaw to avoid sinus perforation. Due to this tilt two implants, the head of the implant reaches to the level of 2nd premolar or 1st molar tooth.
In the upper jaw, which is called Maxilla – tilted implants are placed in the bone adjacent to the maxillary sinus, and in the lower jaw, which is called mandible – tilted implants are placed 3 to 5 mm away from the mental nerve. The tilt of the implants ranges from 17 degrees to 45 degrees, depending upon the bone level.
Indication of all on four implants
- Less bone in the region of molars teeth in both jaws
- Adequate length and width of bone in the area of the front side of both jaws
- Medically compromised patient in whom extensive surgery of graft is not advised
- Immediate replacement of fix teeth
Contraindication of all on four implants
- Those who do not have bone available in the front region till 1st premolar region, in such cases zygoma implant may be the option along with all on 4
- Good bone available in both jaws on the backside
- Patients with a massive bite force
- Big jaw sizes, which require more teeth for chewing
Benefits of all on four implants
- Fast work
- Fast recovery
- Immediate fix teeth replacement
- Affordable cost
- Less invasive procedure
Drawbacks of all on four system
- Less number of the implant to support teeth
- Only 24 teeth in the final prosthesis
- 2nd sitting after six months for last teeth set
- Less chewing efficiency with 24 teeth
The available system in all on 4 implants per jaw with an estimated cost
- Noris medical – 3300 USD
- Osteen – 3600 USD
- Noble Biocare – 4600 USD
What is better than all on four if not indicated for you?
- Basal implants
- All on six implants
- All on eight implants
- Zygoma implants
Hidden Beauty of All-on-4 Dental Implants
Many people have regained comfort and confidence by replacing missing teeth with All on four dental implants. This treatment has become popular and preferable with patients over the years because it can replace an entire mouth of teeth with just four dental implants and only one surgery. All on four dental implants, it’s possible to replace all of your teeth in just one day. And since the treatment costs less than other options, many more people can restore their entire smile with affordable All on four dental implants. Some advantages include:
- Restores a complete smile with only four implants
- A full set of new teeth in only one day
- Treatment involves just one surgery
- Secure placement deep in the jawbone, so implants will not shift or loosen
- No bone graft usually necessary
- Lower cost than other treatment alternatives, making it easier to replace teeth with affordable
- All on four dental implants.
You Might Interest in