What are ‘all on six’ implants?
All-on-6 implants is a procedure specifically designed to use six implants that are available for immediate function. Simply put, All-on-6 means we replace all of your upper or lower teeth with six implants that are anchored together – similar to a bridge.
All-on-6 implants do not typically require bone grafting, so they are an ideal solution for patients with areas of low bone density or volume.
The Beauty and Benefits of All-on-6 Dental Implants
Esthetica provides All-On-6 dental implants that patients can treat just like your regular teeth, which allows you to enjoy virtually any kind of food again. Unlike traditional dentures, All-On-6 dental implants do not require special care, creams, or pastes for regular maintenance. With All-On-6 dental implants, you can brush your teeth and maintain regular oral hygiene for a healthy smile. All-On-6 dental implants are durable, long-lasting, and help avoid jawbone loss associated with missing teeth or dentures.
- Often placed in just one dental implant procedure
- Only require six anchor screws
- Shorter recovery time
- Durable, natural-looking results
- Reduces bone loss or resorption
- It can be used for patients missing the majority or all of their upper teeth
What if I have less jaw bone still possible all on 6?
If you have lost all of the majority of the teeth of your upper jaw and have sufficient jawbone density, an All-On-6 dental implant procedure may be correct for you. We will initially require consultation and diagnostic appointments to determine the treatment path necessary for your personal needs. It includes determining whether or not you will require extractions, gathering the appropriate information via X-rays, panoramic scans and impressions, and any other photos required.
Complete Guide for Place All on 6 Implants
- All on six implants is a treatment where six tilted implants are inserted in either jaw. On these six implants, all the teeth are fixed, which are screw-retained teeth.
- In the upper jaw, We place four front implants towards the centre of the nose. And Other two backside implant on either side is inclined towards the backside of the jaw.
- The first implant is the same as all four implants. In addition to all on 4, backside implants are called pterygoid implants.
- They serve as an additional pillar of support to give more teeth in the occlusion.
- In the lower jaw, four front implants are the same as all on four implants and the backside. Two straight implants are placed above the inferior alveolar nerve region.
- In traditional all on four techniques, only 24 teeth are given, 12 teeth in each arch for the occlusion. The problem is less chewing capability, less bite force, and extra cantilever teeth in both sides’ jaws. It results in long term overload of the implants and results in failure due to overloading. On six implants, 28 teeth are given in occlusion, 14 teeth in each arch. It will increase the natural musculature force for a bite and very efficient chewing capability.
Procedure Steps for all on six implants(in days)
Surgery – 6 implants are placed in either jaw in a single sitting. Implants can be placed flapless or with an open flap approach. If a person is edentulous – preference is flapless implants as they create minor trauma to the tissue, less bleeding, fast recovery. In a person with teeth, the teeth are removed, through curettage is done, and implants are placed along with PRF – A Blood product, which helps heal faster.
Impression – attachments are placed on implants, and opinion is taken to fabricate the duplicate master cast.
Jig trial – a trial of attachments is taken on implants to verify the fit of the future teeth, and a bite is handled as per your jaw relation.
Teeth trial – the all-new set of teeth is ready to take the test in your mouth to check the size, shape, colour, and fit.
Temporary acrylic teeth fitting – your new temporary teeth will be placed on implants and are fixed with a small screw making it a screw-retained prosthesis.
After six months
Five days sitting for final all-ceramic teeth, except the surgery part
- The benefit of going for all on six implants is more predictability, easy periodic maintenance and long-lasting